2.16.2009

The last installment in the barrage of orthodontic woe...

I lied. Vancouver, it wasn't it. This is. Today I am getting what ol' Demento calls a palatal expander. How exciting. I have heard it is more uncomfortable than spacers. However, I am determined not to bother my adoring readers with more accounts of pain and suffering. Because if there's one thing I can't stand, it's people who whine. So this is the last you will hear about people messing around with my face. Okay? Okay.
I think I should learn to dance. I saw a show last night and I feel like moving to New York and studying Broadway dance numbers. Does anybody else do that? Please comment. I've got the voice for some of the little cutesy lead roles, and I my acting is halfways decent. I might have a chance if I were just a little bit coordinated! But I'm not. Will have to work on that.
I wrote a poem over the weekend! I don't know how much I like it, though. So I will put it up and see what all y'all think of it.

Address to a Matriarch

The ladder-staircase
To whosoever I may be
Ends - begins not
With me, but with
Every gray hair
Every smile-frown wrinkle
I have given
I have loved.
And so we see ourselves
Each the other's creation
And the other
Into what is so unknown
But felt so strongly, certain
We feel other things
And the same
And so we are
Mother and Mothered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sirianna said...

tehe.