I'm diggin' the comments, especially the interpretations. Thanks so much! I'll tell you what my dream was about - I was taking care of someone who was dying and they were talking to me. It was actually one of those really weird dreams where there are chipmunks popping up everywhere and every now and then the person who was dying would jump up and do a song and dance number, but I woke up with this really weird feeling so I wrote a poem. I have been trying to make my poems with multiple possible interpretations. I'm glad it seemed to work!
As you may have known, last Friday I had a date. With my journal. Yes, that's how most of my Friday nights go. Anyway, I stayed up 'til past midnight writing. I got a few bits of passable poetry and a kind of weird short story out of it. I'm still working on the story. I don't know if I'll put it up. It's a little bit wacky. I don't know if I like it or not. So um, what short story? I didn't write a short story!
This Thursday I am going to a dance at the capital building in Oslo! I am so excited. The king and queen and the prime minister are supposed to be there. Maybe they'll see me and my amazingness and make me governor of Svalbard. A poet is allowed to dream, you know. ;-)
Tum te tum. I am going to wrap up this post and go sneak downstairs to see if I can get away with a few minutes of television. Which I probably won't. Oh well. I bought a copy of "As You Like It" today and I can read that in my room in relative invisibility.

3 comments:
By the way - I am in Alaska right now. That's why my computer thinks I posted at 5:45 am. I really didn't. It's nine o'clock at night here.
I do tend to post in the middle of the night, tho'.
Post a Comment