2.21.2009

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Words.

You know what's funny? I started this blog without any intent to publish poems on it. And now I'm posting, like, another poem! I have been on this huge poetry kick for the past week or so and I've been writing a poem every couple of days. They are actually turning out to be pretty good, too. Or at least I think they are. This one is about a dream I had about... well, I want your interpretations so I won't tell you what it was about. So read it and think on it and comment with your interpretations, sil vous plait. Here it is, then.

two people in the Terrible Calm

 

Hush - be still - be not afraid, for

Where you’re going I am coming too, yes

I will soon come after you and

Echoed in your cries and sighs again

Truthfully my shoulders bear the pain.

Hush - stay close - and be forgotten

Thus perfected in the quiet again, for we -

We two, we whole, will quick be scattered

Among the far celestial fields like grain, yes

Truthfully my shoulders feel the sower’s pain.

Hush - be still - for in this calm

Crouching, waiting to be shattered

Ricocheted to lesser planes

Restless in your cries and sighs of pain, yes

Smooth the creases wrinkled there in pain.

Hush, don’t fear, be not afraid

For I am watching over you

And I am coming after you

And there with tears our tired souls will meet again.


I love reading poems I wrote about dreams. They make me feel all dreamy and sad. This is the first one I wrote in the morning, actually. I usually have to chew them over until nighttime. Otherwise I don't have any good phrases. But this time it was pretty good at the first. I had to write it over quite a few times, sure, but it worked itself out. Yay!

So anyhoodles, please comment with an interpretation if you've got one. Oh! Thanks to Vicky for discovering the flaw with the link to Sukiyaki! Here is the URL. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqDAGV0TSng

If that doesn't work, you can yell at me or whatever.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorkyness said...

love the poem. Did you write this at midnight after staying up like we talked about on Friday?

Dorkyness said...

by the way, your wolf is stuck

Velonica said...

I think the poem is about someone abandoning someone and regretting what they did and hoping to meet them again.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sirianna said...

Okay. I accept your okayness.

MissBooksALot said...

uh, sirianna, I don't have a younger sister, so yea. No voting for me. I really like the poem, you already know my interpretation. So keep writing, please! you're doing some really cool and creative poems and I like them a lot, so keep on.Please.and Thank you

sirianna said...

awwww... thanks! :D