2.25.2009

GymnoWHAT?

Yes, you heard right. Gymnopedies. Fear them. Love them. Jump on them. Listen to them. Okay, guys - what the heck is a gymnopedie? I know the answer. Oh, yes, the Norski knows. But the important thing is - do you? Because everybody needs to hear a gymnopedie or three at least once in their lives. If I've rigged this right, your left ear will be touching your left shoulder and you will be thinking, what? So tell me I've rigged it right. And go look it up. 
Today is Tuesday and it feels like Thursday. This isn't fair. However, Friday is a holiday or a professor work day or something. So that's okay. Technically, it's the middle of Wednesday.
Speaking of which, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday! I love Ash Wednesday. I go to church and eat soup. And go to church. I like church. The Lutheran Book of Worship has these hymns that I love and all the people I know detest. It's fun to watch their anguish as we all drone "There is a Balm in Gilead." Among other things. Eh... American songs. Living with exchange students, I'm going to an ELCA right now. When I was in Harstad I went to Trondenes church a lot. That was nice. But ELCA is good too. Anyway, Ash Wednesday is fun because everybody gets a bamboo cross on Palm Sunday and on Ash Wednesday we burn them in a FIAAAAAAAH. And then the ashes get smeared on our foreheads. Which clogs the pores but looks really cool. And is religious-y. Which is the important part.
Well, I have voice today am I haven't practiced at all, so I should probably do that. And the little bit of homework I still have to do. Stupid French class. Oh well. I loves French anyway. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sirianna said...

okay. For starters, reserved, studious Norskis like myself do not listen to loud music unless it is Bohemian Rhapsody, which is allowed because it is legendary. Norskis like legend. Also, you can't understand the lyrics in death metal and lyrics are the main point of hymns. If you like, you may open up your own little German Lutheran church where they play music nobody can understand, but in Tromso we will stick with Gilead. So there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sirianna said...

hmph. To each their own, I suppose. Sorry for ranting on you.