2.07.2009

Apple cores taste good.

I have been eating an apple, just 'cause I like them so much. Anyway, I have begun to realize that the core of the apple tastes the sweetest. Kind of like life. After all the work you put into something, you find that the best part comes when you think you were done. And you didn't even know you were working towards it! It just shows up in front of you and says, I am apple core! Enjoy my delicious taste! I like apples.( don't I sound so philosophical?) This next part is written by the Norski, 'cause she is standing here, looking over my shoulder saying "let me type! let me type!".
The percussionist came over last night, and man, we are good. Next time they come over, hopefully Peace Girl or somebody will be able to record it so I can put it up here so all my adoring readers can be adoring listeners. The last time they came over, they never talked. But musicians in general like Peace Girl, so this time there was a lot more conversation and laughter. Overall, a nice little jam session. Hopefully we will be able to get together again and perform in Brussels this May. There's a little hole-in-the-wall jazz festival there in the spring. We need to fill out the forms pretty quick, so technically we should be rehearsing nonstop. Oh well. I should go do some Hanon and get out of typing mode before I get stuck in it.
Yea, okay I guess that very urgently needed to be put in here. Well, I have to say, Norski and the darling drummer do sound pretty amazing. Though I could be just a little biased, I mean, my best friend in the whole world, and ahem, DARLING drummer? Well, even without the bias, they are pretty darn good.
Well, I should probably let the Norski get back to her poetry and stuff.
Bye for now,
Peacegirl/Norski

1 comment:

Dorkyness said...

I like the apple analogy!