About my life... AAAAAAACK! The drummer and I are performing "Linus and Lucy" tomorrow! I'm excited about breaking out onto the jazz music scene in Geneva, but I am really nervous too. I have never performed without non-professional accompaniment at a venue in which people didn't see me as a cute little twelve-year-old in a dress. Which I was. It was at my grandmother's second wedding reception. I was going to sing at that too, but I lost my nerve. I was playing with my American jazz-playing uncle, who tends to be kind of critical of my vocals. Which I suppose is good, but wasn't what I needed then. So I just played. Now I'm wandering. Hm.
I finished the testing today and was paid for it. Maybe I'll be able to buy a coffee. I think I'll save it and have tea instead.
Oh, I had something else interesting to write about... what was it??? Arg. What was it?????????? Erm, maybe this is it.
I found this song called "Cruel Sister" that's a medieval tune that totally suits my voice. I like Pentangle's rendition myself. I have it stuck in my head and I don't know the melody. That's annoying. Arg. Also listening to Peter, Paul and Mary and Pete Seeger a lot right now. I should start a revolt.
I am going to listen to my Moomin music now. I haven't been listening to it and I've been cranky. I may be addicted. Gotta get my Moomin fix. Ahhhhhh.
Bonaparte and I had a lovely time in the chainsaw murderer's classroom today. The kids were making jet-powered balloons and invariably tangled the fishing line. We were all over the place helping them untangle it. He's so nice to them. I wish he wasn't leaving. I don't really like kids myself. He's trying to convince me against it, but I'm there mostly for the mental stimulation. The chainsaw murderer wants me to start doing some psychological tests on some of the students. I'm in a psychology course right now and we both think it would just thrill my professor. Even though it's really just for him to analyze their learning styles. But anyway, it should be fun to ask them weird questions randomly. The trick is to keep them in the dark that they're being tested. Otherwise they'll get all smart-alecky. So I will be crafty. Ha.
I've written a couple of poems since we last talked. They are full of angst. I need to write more love poems, I think. Moomins and love poems. Hm. Wow. Haven't put up a poem in like forever. I'll put up a non-angsty one. I still have a few left from when I wasn't depressed. Which I'm not really. Here goes.
Heron Galaxy
Like the steely blue wings of a heron
Circling its darkened sun
Like Charon, far removed
Winked out in an instant
A thousand-year-old instant
That raced on, and shot her out of the sky
Her silence kept a breath too long
And dashed from where it quivered in her breast
As stars do, in the great, immortalizing time
Like the steely blue feathers in an arrow shaft
That screamed across the span of sound
Am I.
Hm. That may be considered angsty. I like it, though. I actually have a lot more poems to put up. Idk, maybe you would rather I didn't? Vote on the poll at right. Thank you for your time. You better vote yes. Okay, not really, because this blog is for you so you can vote whatever you want. So there.
I am reading a book about the medieval kings of England. They were very martial folk. I'm not sure I like them very much. Congrats, they're all dead! Woo... stinks for them, I guess. Right now they're still worshipping the Roman gods of antiquity. Waaaaaay back. Pre-medieval, I suppose. Hm.
I think I may go do someting else now. Maybe take a nap and dream about Moomins. That sounds nice. Goodbye.

1 comment:
Bonaparte z leaving? you feel depressed? this is an intresting develpoment...
put up more poetry.
and i am reading you blog. and voting. and commenting. so there.
Post a Comment