Yes, I survived Svalbard and am back better than ever. And since you are all bums who will never get on to read this anyway, I might as well post despite the fact there have been no comments. Ugh. Feel my disgust and BURN. Okay, that might be overkill, but whatevs.
Those of you who have been keeping up with the Dork's blog are probably wondering about the tea thing. Here's what happened: I was hangin' out with my aunt, who is a professor at The University Centre at Svalbard, by the way. We were on an ecotourist boat because she gives talks about arctic marine life in her spare time, when we meet this guy on a dog sled, who waved us down from the beach. Apparently, he was just horrendously lost because his dogs had run away with him. An interesting occurence, no? So we take him back to the ecotourist place and get him warmed up, and it turns out he has tins and tins of Earl Grey tea on his dogsled. They were really old and had been given him by his greatuncle, who was on good terms with the queen of England! It was lovely tea. I love it. So that was my excitement over holiday.
I did not, not, NOT eat well on my trip. I tend to go overboard on vacation. So now I am living off edamame and tomatoes. And a carrot every now and then, orthodontia permitting. Feeling virtuous and ill at the same time because of the donuts I demolished on the way home. But none of that.
Oh! I got a Moomin book on my trip. It's Moominpappa's Memoirs. I loved it and read it in one sitting. It explains all about how Snufkin is the illegitimate son of the Joxter and the Mymble. Scandalous, no? But it was a great book. Tove Jansson is amazing. Was. So sad. Ahem.
I am six pages away from filling up my first journal ever. I don't know quite what to do with myself. Hm. I suppose I should get to some cute little bookstore and buy myself another one. But I can't quite bring myself to do it. Sigh. I'll miss my journal. However, through it I have developed techniques for composing poetry and have learned and documented a ton about myself that I can look back on and laugh my head off about when I am old and withered and wise. Which is annoying. Oh well.
I think I am going to go sing now. Got assigned Skye Boat Song for the show in June. SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo excited. Love my Scottish-ness. Bubye, now.

1 comment:
man, that was a long post.
Post a Comment