4.14.2009

Hallo again!

Hey, adoring readers. After a rather extended absence, I am back. In action. Oh, yeah.

So anyway, you may be wondering what I've been doing for the past week or so. Because it's been an entire weekend and a couple of days since I've posted! I have been bonding with my new journal. Oh - and being religious. Mostly being religious, I guess. A paragraph on each below:

First with the Lutheranism. Starting Maundy Thursday, I was entertaining relatives and going to church and not finishing my homework until about five in the morning. Because that's how Holy Week is. I loved Maundy Thursday, though. We had a Seder dinner that was excellent and my little cousins got their first communion, which is a pretty big thing in the Lutheran church, in case you were wondering. The next day was Good Friday, which is like my favorite day of the year, but not really because it's so sad. So so SO sad. But I loved the service. Is that acceptable? We had a full orchestra along with Phil the adorable little old man organist. And the usual choir. We sang my favorite hymn which many of you already know (What Wondrous Love is This?), which made me question my taste for church music since Good Friday is the only day we sing it. And my old friend Gwyneth was acolyte and enjoyed herself immensely. Gwyneth has a flair for the dramatic. She liked extinguishing the candles on the menorah, I think. Every finger on the lucifer was carefully placed. Funny to watch, if you weren't being serious about it. Which, half of the time, I wasn't. Anyway, on Saturday I nearly killed myself setting up an easter egg hunt for all the 0-2 year-olds in northern Norway. Seriously, they are scary. And then of course Sunday was Easter and we went to church and sang our hearts out and prayed for the longest time and then went home and ate ham. I wish we didn't have ham on Easter. It's too salty. But that was my Holy Week.

So about my new journal -- it is amazing! It's got this really cute painting on it with a man raking up bits of paper in a library. With a rake! It's entitled "Autumn." Also, there is a little magnetic flap that holds the book shut when I'm not writing, a ribbon bookmark, and, of all the crazy, wonderful things, a POCKET in the back! It's amazing. I have been writing and writing and trying to make it feel like home. I still miss my old journal, of course, but I have good feelings about the new one, too. Just have to make it feel right. Then I will take off. 

Apart from churchgoing and writing and weeklong surveys for the statistics class at Geneva (for which I am being paid pretty well, actually), I haven't been doing much. But all of the above is good enough for me! :)

(Also, found my post. Aren't you glad? I love autosave. I would never remember myself.)

No comments: