3.05.2009

Wednesday!

Hey, everybody, it's Wednesday! And that means Lenten service tonight! Yippee! I'm unexpectedly back in Oslo again for a couple of days, so I'm taking some of my younger cousins to sacrament class. They've never taken a class at the church we go to, so that should be interesting. They're really excited to be taking first communion! They are afraid of having to eat the last supper meal, though. The horseradish was a bit of a turnoff. Anyway, I am looking forward to the first real Lent service of the year. No soup, tho' - this year we decided there was no time for soup. Too much to do.

I am a little bit upset about yesterday. I warmed up my voice for literally an hour so I would sound really good at voice lessons - I even hit a high A, which I haven't done since my children's chorus days - and then my voice teacher called in sick. Ugh. Well, at least I know I can still do it. And my voice will get stronger if I keep on. So I suppose I shouldn't grumble. But it really was lovely. If I might say so myself.

Oh! Do you know what really turned me off today? I was talking to this guy at University about my last name (it's really long and hard to spell) and he didn't care that he was saying it wrong. I kind of got after him about it, so he casually brought up the word I mispelled in the campus spelling bee, in which I came in second and he did not participate. I was so mad! The nerve of that guy! Ohhhhhh... I am really mad. Relaxing fists and breathing at a normal pace...

On a happier note, I have started to compile all my best poems in a handwritten volume in the back of my journal. So nobody else will be able to read them, but I will be able to reference them with ease. Who knows, when I'm done with compilation I might do a computer-generated version! Which is the point where all of you sigh and roll your eyes because you don't want to read my semi-pathetic attempts at word play. But the upside of it is that I will be able to go back and revise anytime I want. Which is good news for you, my friends. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to write out poems! Oh my goodness! I have been doing it late at night, when... oh, wait. I have to go eat. Goodbye.

No comments: