3.14.2009

Pomegranate Green Tea and Such.

Yes, kids, it's Friday. Ah, happy day. I am in a really good mood. Had a nice afternoon. Peace Girl and I took a really long bus ride from Geneva to Oslo for the weekend, stopped at a cafe, and got a couple of Italian lemonades and some flowers. So now I have this enormous purple carnation in my room. It's so pretty. And then I got to my apartment and hung out with Peace Girl until she had to catch her plane. She's attending a lecture on whales in Swaziland, I think. Somewhere in Africa. Someplace warm. I'm jealous. Anyway, then I got some really crummy cheap Chinese food and called home. It was nice. I love really crummy cheap Chinese food. General Tsao's is my favorite. And orange chicken, but only if it's the good kind. Okay, enough about that.

I finished my elements of art course today! I start web design on Monday. Oh. So happy. The art room had flourescent lighting, no drywall and no heat. It was basically a warehouse. And oh - no running water, which meant running back and forth between the art room and the bathroom with buckets of water from the sink. Oh. So fun. But now no more of that! Off to the climate-controlled room filled with softly whirring mechanisms and glowing screens! Yay! I am really excited because everybody I've talked to really enjoyed web design. Even the people who are as clueless about computers as I am. Seriously, it's a battle every time I want to put up a poll on here.

So now I am drinking a lot of pomegranate green tea, wearing the dark pink wool hat my mother knit me before she forgot how that my father always laughs at me for (I wear it everywhere and all the time), and listening to Moomin Voices. So good. Warm and cosy and it's nice and dark out. Ah. I am in a really good mood.

Well, everybody, hope all is well with you and have a lovely weekend. Go find yourself a borzoi and give it a hug and a piece of herring. It will be devoted to you forever.

4 comments:

sirianna said...

By the way - Bonaparte is back!

sirianna said...

Ooh - also, put all my poems on the computer! All I have to do is copy and paste... mwahahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sirianna said...

yes, herring... that's most of the meat we've got up here, you know. And borzoi are not vegans, dear. Although I suppose cheese would be vegetarian and acceptable. Too much fat for their sleek bodies, though. Stick with the fish.