6.13.2009

River Song

I came to you for peace, you great nameless river

To find answers in your whispering rapids

Kisses drifting down from your dusty banks

I saw myself reflected in your irresistable eddies.

I returned to your path flooded in the bright spring, 

Followed and found you in the water.

I glided along with your brothers

Tumbled about like the sand

Was buffeted by your great bear paws

And, like an otter, made my home within your family.

Looking up from the pebbled bed

I glimpse a sky more lovely than any sunny day has ever seen.

6 comments:

Velonica said...

I really like the feel of this. Light and peaceful. This one just might be my fav!

Velonica said...

Can you start commenting on my poetry too? When I put some up I expected some comments but everyone just reads them and that is it! Can you comment on them and what you think of them? And how I could improve them too....

sirianna said...

I do comment on your poetry! Put more up! what do you like about River Song and what do you think it is about, pray-tell?

Velonica said...

Just the feel from the words. My favorite line is Kisses drifting down from your dusty banks. Oh! And Dork and me were talking on the phone and found this amazing website! Okay, new paragraph!

If you and MMMMMLHKJPA man were married, your baby girls name would be Elsa meaning noble and the boys name would be Leonard meaning brave as a lion!

If Dork and Stan got married the girls name would be Clara meaning bright and the boys name would be Blaze meaning stammerer.

I would put up a third one but I can't for a reason... tell you later or call if you want to know. Cya monday!

sirianna said...

aw... totally want to know. but you know I hate kids. Rephrasing: I strongly dislike them. I can see Elsa, but why Leonard, of all things?!?! I'm guessing the website has been posted somewhere... Thanks for the poetry stuff. Makes me feel happy :) CU tomorrow.

Velonica said...

No prob!