6.18.2009

Life Insurance

Pray for hope

Why, you've already got it-

Does God hope for prayer?

He must have it.

Summon the dentists,

The dirt poor farmers and their life insurance policies

Pray, farmers, pray on your corduroy knees

To a father who bends to hear the shuffling of your fill-out forms

Give up on your hope

Go on - give up on your prayers

But find yourselves back at the dentist's office

Farmers, you know hope.

6 comments:

sirianna said...

Three poems today to appease those of you who have waited so patiently during finals week. There may be fewer in the future since summer is perhaps less mentally stimulating and since I'm in Vienna for a month or so. We'll see how that goes, I guess. Give me lots and lots of comments, please!

sirianna said...

idk - this one is kind of weird. Aquatic girl seemed to like it, but I'm not sure if that detracts from my perception of it being weird... tehe. Thoughts?

Velonica said...

I really don't know what to think of it.... it's really... interesting??? The dentists bit is random but I like the line Pray, farmers, pray on your corduroy knees. Get image from that. Does this have to do with Aquatic Girl and her confession?

Velonica said...

And what did I miss out at the sleepover????

sirianna said...

no, not really. Dentists have a really high suicide rate. Originally, I called it "Address to the American Dental Association." But I like "Life Insurance" better.

Dorkyness said...

mahoo...