Yes, I am officially stupid. I was just about to make a paper dragonfly with pulp in a blender when I dropped the blender and it shattered and I got these huge cuts all over my legs because, of course, I had to be wearing the infamous hot pink short shorts of amazingness that don't provide leg protection. And of course it was right where I have the most grisly week-old rug burn ever invented. It's my first one, and it is freaking me out, just as a side note. Are they supposed to get all shrivelled? So anyway, I was bleeding all over the place and there was glass everywhere and my little sisters were laughing their heads off at me. And of course it had to be my parents' blender that I broke and not my cheap little one, of course. That was redundant. Oh well. But I'm mad because I might have to pay to replace my parents' go-for-broke blender and I have cuts all up and down my legs, especially on the sides of my knees, which is the third-worst place to have to put a band-aid, dangit.
However, on a happier note, I am going on a retreat with my church friends that is going to be soooo fun. We are rafting down the Rhine this weekend and the weather is supposed to be just lovely. I am so excited. Things around here have been pretty stressful what with finals coming up, and it will be nice to relax and hang out with amazingly nice people. Not that all y'all Geneva folks are not just as amazing.
When I am mad, it's always because I have done something stupid. When other people are being mean or whatever, I never get mad. I just stop them from being mean to the best of my peaceful abilities. However, when I am stupid and get myself in stupid situations, usually by causing myself bodily harm, I get SO MAD. And I always get this little mantra going -stupid, stupid STUPID! Last summer when I had the bicycle wreck of the century and put a piece of gravel through my leg, I must have gone on for at least an hour. It was like the first thing out of my mouth. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I always do the stupidest things! Ugh. Enough of this. It's making me mad.
One more day of this torture they call Geneva. Then my long weekend. I am leaving today! AhhhhhhhhhHHHHhh! Those capital Hs were the climax of the squeal of delight, in case you were wondering. I am really excited. This is going to be so fun. I loves my church friends. Most of them were born within a few months of my own birthday and our mothers were friends before we were born. I don't get to see them very often, but we have grown up and been confirmed together. Now we are doing another class and enjoying it immensely. Actually, the last day of the second year was just yesterday. I'm going to miss it. But this weekend is our last hurrah and we are going to go at it for all it's worth.
The Dorkness and I played pickleball today and I am sooooo tired. That's probably why the stupid blender had to fall on my stupid leg. Moving on... the weather is getting better, so I think I can probably get out running more. Also, my downstairs neighbors in Geneva need their dog walked, so I get to run with a dog! I think my mother is secretly very happy I am going to have a big dog with me. She worries about me too much than is good for her. Especially in the infamous short shorts... but then, they are pretty dangerous.
I think I ought to get my things together - going to Brussels for my piano lessons and then straight to the mouth of the Rhine from there. Yippee. My train is in just a bit. I should get going. Goodbye all! :D

13 comments:
Some of us. You? And psh, for goodness sakes, Hertzy, don't beat yourself up over me pretending to beat myself up. You are being very sensitive. Stop it, I say. I actually tend to think that I am a very intelligent person. Geez.
P.S. I do not appreciate that kind of talk. It's not really your business.
Return to your corners and wait for the bell for the second round. Wowzers. I'm sorry all that stuff is happening to your leg though. I get the Jibblies just thinking about it.
ow! I once broke a glass cup and it shattered all over my legs. SO PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well somewhat painful but the blood was a mess and annoying I know how you feel
has round two started?
No, Kaltez Herz, it is NOT your business and I am getting really ticked off with you right now. You have crossed the line and then some. Leave me alone.
wow. I miss a lot when I don't have a computer... I'm gonna go post now...
Post a Comment