I am back from camp and from riding lessons in Vienna. Which was cool. I am really tired. Let me tell you about everything I did!
It was amazing in Denmark. As I thought, I knew the area quite well. I could see where my family's summer house is situated from where we were. I think. All the kids were really good. Aquatic girl and I sang in the talent show and I got applause for my high F. All the kids' teachers really liked it. The kids (besides Aquatic girl and my group of buddies, of course) didn't really get it. I got some really great information about them, though. The chainsaw murderer and Bonaparte are, for obvious reasons, not allowed in the girls' sleeping quarters. They were insane. But I was so exhausted each night that I slept well anyway. Oh, gosh, what else happened? There was a water balloon war. Bonaparte was really cute. He's really competitive and he kept trying to use trigonometry to plot the trajectory of the balloons. Um, let's see... explored this old Danish military base. Very interesting. I wrote a couple of poems, a sonnet and a free verse. The free verse was to show the kids what to do for this one activity, but it was pretty good.
My Swedish grandmother has a friend who's into dressage. As in horses doing ballet. So even though I'm not much of a rider, she invited me to a riding lesson. It was really fun - but I'm so sore. Posting is hard. My horse was sort of special needs, I think. But it was a really positive experience. I'd do it again like that. Vienna was nice.
Speaking of horses and such, I might be leaving Geneva next year and finishing my degree in Helsinki, Finland. But at a tiny little college in the country. My financial backing decided it would be good for me. So I've been forced to take all kinds of entrance exams. Not very happy about that yet. But we'll see, it could be good, I guess. Out in the middle of nowhere... lots of saunas about, I hear. And closer to my family. That would be nice. More later. Must go pop more ibuprofen for my poor posting thighs.

3 comments:
okay then....
uh huh...
what?
Post a Comment