11.11.2009

Sigh.

Well, I got the news from the American choir exchange committee, and it looks like I'm not going this year. Which is sad, I was quite disappointed, but I will, will get it next year or my name isn't sirianna. Which it isn't, really, but we can pretend. I figure the more times I get rejected in auditions the sweeter it will be when I am accepted into something.

I have been really, really tired lately. It's so dark here this time of year. So depressing. I ought to go somewhere equatorial, migrate south for the winter. That would be nice. Santorini? Cozumel? South of France? ah, that would be nice.

What else is happening right now? I took over the instruction of the second sopranos briefly in choir today by merit of my music literacy skilz. That was fun. And I a first soprano! It was lovely. But then the official pianist arrived (she had a hairdresser's appointment and was late) and so I had to step down from the throne of glory.

I've dug out some American tunes, Vince Guaraldi, for the gig I'm playing in December. So fun. Wish I could practice, but the neighbors are conducting some videoconference thing and require absolute quiet. Ug. This is a really boring post, isn't it? I apologize.

7 comments:

Dorkyness said...

Anything happening isn't boring. But Q? I don't think so (what?)

sirianna said...

thanks, dorkyness. :)

Dorkyness said...

sad day about the choir. What else do you think you can do to spread your gift around?

Velonica said...

oh! this is random but who is going to the dance? sirianna, u should come! the theme is spongebob. i have a feeling that a 6th grader picked it... but still! u should come!

sirianna said...

omg really??? spongebob??? this is pathetic. sad sad sad. but yes, I will be coming :D 'twill be fun to party as in times of old.

as for spreading my gift around, I just keep auditioning. I am working on a song to try for a slot in the next concert at school, practicing all manner of vocal drills, and looking into some stuff with the symphony. it's the plight of any artist - rejection comes with the territory, man.

Dorkyness said...

u'll need another fwapian as a pass to get in though...

sirianna said...

oh... no... who will get me in??? I could get in anyway, what with my street cred and all. I think aqua girl or whatever her name is right now is going to fill out the form for me just in case.