9.18.2009

Hallo Thar

Hello all on this glorious Thursday night! Ug I have no life right now. It is so terrible. I was so bored I had to have a row with my neighbors about the mess in the common room. It was awful. It was their fault mostly, but it was not fun anyway - especially because they do not speak Norwegian or English, which means communication was mostly limited to British swears we all picked up along the road. Weird, eh? However, we made up and I made dinner for everybody (without burning anything, it was just sandwiches [yum]) and the rest of the evening was okay. 

I was actually given a few assignments today at the school. I have been blowing them off with gusto. It's great fun. Also, we started singing in choir and I did a solo and stunk it up bigtime. Everybody else was bad too, tho'. We had a big argument about uniforms that I swear will end in bloodshed - some people are so finicky. This one guy was going to leave if the girls wore sleeveless tops. That's a bit too conservative, if you ask me. Oh well. I (sort of) respect his modesty. It was nice to sing.

Have  I talked about my lovely bus ride? Every morning, 6:50 sharp, I ride the bus over a bridge and the tide is out and the sun is coming up and it is prettyprettyprettyomygoshdroolingoverthebeautifulwaterandmountainsandstuff!!!!! I love it, in my cold, brooding, Norski way. I always make it a point to look up from my book and watch it go by. Here is a poem I wrote about it:

In crowded solitude I am left

To peer out the window

Fingertips soft on glass

Across the mirror of the sky,

The water's silky underside

Lonesome eyes polish away rememberings

And all is balanced, two lies across the road

I am left with solitary window thoughts.

What say you, O readers of The Blog? The Blog is capitalized because it is The Blog, not a blog. So there. I don't know what to call it. The end.

7 comments:

Velonica said...

I like the poem. The feeling is sad and is that the feeling you were going for? If not then I guess it needs work. Otherwise it is good! I like sleeveless tops personally, I think they are cute!Mainly depends on necklines tho'... Well, let me catch u up on FWPA. We have decided to fill Erik in on everything. He wants to be too. Tell me now if you don't want something to be mentioned to him. And lauer is CRAZY!!!! with homework. I hate his class. alot. so much. it's not even funny. But McNeil is awesome with forensics and robotics is supposed to be crazy hard. Overall things are good. The group as a whole is a little weird. Things started to fall apart last year.... life is going on tho and gotta keep our heads up!

Dorkyness said...

That's so cool! A bus ride is 1,000 times better if you have a cool view.

Velonica said...

i agree... specially if the view is the leaning tower of pisa!!!!!! I wish that was my view. *tear*

Dorkyness said...

I miss your thoughts....

Velonica said...

Post! or comment! or something!

sirianna said...

fine. hmph.

sirianna said...

fine. hmph.