10.02.2009

Hay... it's the new straw.

How now, brown cow? I am reading a weird book right now about an autistic kid. Interesante, to say the least. I am liking it, tho'. It is set in England and even though my Scottish part says I should hate England I actually adore it. It's such a cool place. The little I've seen of it, anyway. I have been practicing "Madrigals for Spring" on my recorder and practicing auditioning stuff for the American choir exchange thingy I'm doing. It turns out I'm one of the "special" people who goes sharp instead of flat? Type A, I guess. What I wouldn't give to be type B. Actually, the thought kind of grosses me out. But it would be good for my poetry, I think. Meh. I should be glad to be who I am. Although I still wish I didn't go sharp. Exspecially because I have to go up to a high b flat in the auditions and I just know I'll do a C natural, which is going to be a drag. Luckily for me, being in Scandinavia and all, I get to send a tape instead of auditioning live and I can redo it if I need to before sending it in. My composition teacher from grade school is going to hunt me down and murder me in my bed if she finds this poor excuse for a paragraph. That would be a shame, would it not? I suppose she wouldn't think so. If you are of the same mind as my composition teacher, please leave now. Thank you for your courtesy. No, really, leave now. Oh, loyal readers, I think I should do some journaling. My writing is so whacked out today. Although I am using complete sentences, for the most part. Sigh. I can't wait for the weekend. It's my dad's birthday and my sisters and I are going sailing with him. My grandma is going to bake a pie or two as well, which I plan to devour a la mode. Yums. Cascadeberry is my favorite, and there was a bumper crop this year. She (grandma, that is) and I spent so many afternoons picking berries in the garden! Oh, it was lovely to imagine the delicious, trans fat-laden pies they would produce! Ah, lovely crisco-laced morsels of heavenly joy! Okay, sorry, really need to journal. I think I will make this all one really big paragraph. Hm, what else? I wrote a poem today that I do not like, so I don't think I will write it. It's late and I am going to sleep now. Good night, all.

3 comments:

Velonica said...

YUM! I love pie. Well, I have only had pumpkin but I LOVE PUMPKIN PIE!!!! Have fun over the weekend my friend!

sirianna said...

Ohhh... good weekend, to be sure. I have just finished devouring two large slices of prizewinning cascadeberry pie. I don't think I will be able to fit into my church dress tomorrow. soooo gooooood. No sailing because the weather was crummy, but we had fun anyway. :)

Velonica said...

I need to try some of that pie! SOUNDS REALLY REALLY GOOD! *tear* oh well, i am glad u had some fun!